In here you will find specifications as well as requirements and design of the CapaInstaller Back-end Server.The Back-end Server is a http service offering a REST interface and is designed to be the point of connection for other CapaInstaller services that requires acces to the CapaInstaller Database or an Active Directory.
- The Back-end Server is a Windows Service that can run on both x64 and x86 processors.
- The service requires .NET Framework 4 to be installed.
- The Back-end service requires SQL Browser to run, if the SQL server is not running on a default port
- The service is installed from the CMS console by the 'System' plugin.
- The service is installed in C:\Program Files\CapaInstaller\Services\CiBack-end
- One logfiles are written in C:\Program Files\CapaInstaller\Logs\Services during execution; ciBackend.log
Command Line Interface
The service retrieves its configuration from the SQL server but can take different command line arguments. As the Back-end Server is a windows service, any arguments must be supplied to either the net.exe command or the sc.exe command.
/debug or /d
Run the service in debug mode.
|/noupdate or /n||Skips the update of CiBack-end from the database|
/refresh or /r=##
The rate in seconds used for updating the service settings from the database.
/xmlfile or /x
Specify the service to use a different configuration XML file, primarily meant for debugging purposes.
Start the service on the server; backend01 in debug mode
Start the service and use using a 10 secounds refresh rate.
Description of the Rest API
The Rest API consists of numerous calls with lots of parameters on sub pages to this page.
This tab resembles the property page for the service found in the services of the control panel. Each of the settings available in each tab of this dialog is described below.
Status of the Data Connection Service. Equivalent to services in the control panel.
The name of the service used by the operating system.
The name you will see in services in the control panel.
Description of the service.
The type of the service. This can be either; automatic, manual or disabled. The default value is automatic.
This is a timestamp for the last synchronization activity.
Path to executable
The full path to the program that is started by the service.
On the database tab, you can change the authentication method to the SQL server.
The SQL server that the Data Connection Service connects to.
The SQL database that holds the CapaInstaller Management Solution database.
Clicking on this button the CIDal settings.xml is updated with the correct database.
Use Windows authentication
Instructs Data Connection Service to establish a database connection by identifying itself with the computer account.
Use SQL authentication
When this radio button is selected, the Data Connection Service will connect to the database with the credentials in the user name and password fields.
The user name used to connect to the database when SQL authentication is selected.
The password that goes with the user name stated above.
On the config tab, you can change the url and certificate.
This url is used to communicate with the service from internal networks.
This url is used to communicate with the service from public networks.
|Refresh rate||The amount of seconds between each refresh from the database.|
|Default Authenticaton provider||The domain that usernames entered without domain information will be validated against.|
Clicking this button commits any changes that you may have made and closes the dialog.
Cancels any changes made, and closes the dialog.
- The Back-end service exposes the Capainstaller BAL objects through a REST interface.
- Upon request the Back-end must return a configuration for the MDM and SCEP service.
- The Back-end must be able to validate Users on behalfe of the MDM service to allow enrolement of new mobile devices.
- The Back-end service must supply a Installation Endpoint, to allow for initial installation and update of the MDM and SCEP service .
- The Back-end service Must update the BAL objects with heartbeat information and status information.