This guide describes the steps involved in deploying the OSDeployment serviceInstallation of the OSdeployment service is simple and follows the same principles for all new services introduced or updated in CapaInstaller 5 and above.
To deploy the OSDeployment service. Right click OS Deployment Services in the left hand service tree and select Deploy.
- Default TFTP Settings are compatibe with most devices. In case og very slow or failed transfers, check your NIC vendor documentation for supported TFTP transfer Window / Block sizes. Read more about transfer settings here: Network Boot Profiles
- If you are upgrading from an earlier version of CapaInstaller the old ciboot service be shut down automatically and OSDeployment will replace it.
OS Deployment Service configuration options
URL and port
This url is used to communicate with the service.
|Back-end Service||The back-end service used to communicate with the CapaInstaller solution|
|TFTPD Port Range||The port range used with TFTPD|
|TFTPD Local path||The Local path for the TFTPD|
|WindowCount*||Is the amount of blocks sent before we expect an acknowledge from the client.|
|BlocjSize*||Is the size of the blocks sent from the service to the client.|
|PXE Name||The name of the PXE Servers to be linked to.|
Clicking this button commits any changes that you may have made and closes the dialog.
Cancels any changes made, and closes the dialog.
Offline service deployment
For services planned to be hosted on a server unreachable by the The Operator Computer... (e.g. in a DMZ zone or similar) offline deployment via the Back-end service can be used.
Below is a description, with examples showing an offline deployment.
- Input target computer for the service and check Enable offline installation
Log in as administrator on the target computer
Open a browser and check that the browser is in a state where downloads are allowed.
Insert URL to the Back-end service appending /Install and fqdn=The target computers DNS name
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is a prerequisite - if .NET3.5 is not available on the server Click the link to install
- Click Install the Service - The installer executable file will be downloaded
Execute the downloaded installer file