Requirements and guide for deploying the Mobile Device Mamagement (MDM) service.
- To secure your MDM communication you need a SSL/TLS certificate issued to the domain where the MDM server resides.
Certificate handling in CapaInstaller describes how to secure your communications with a certificate
- In System Administration expand Services and right click the service type to deploy
- Prerequisite check - Make sure that the required prerequisites are met. If they are not, you are able to click the status link to install the missing requirements.
- Input target computer for the service
- Input Public URL and port
- Configure the service specific options
Below example: Deploying the CapaInstaller OSD service
MDM Service configuration options
The url and port the service listen on.
|Organization Name||Organization name displayed on managed devices|
|SCEP Service||The SCEP service used to enroll devices|
Defaults to same server as the target server
|Front-end Service||The Front-end service used to deliver agent data too.|
|Back-end Service||The Back-end Service used to require entities from the database|
Transfer Encryption Certificate
|Certificate to secure CapaInstaller service communication|
|Apple Push Certificate|
Certificate to enable data communication with the Apple Cloud
|Text presented to a normal user when enrolling the device|
|Operator Agreement||Text presented to an operator when enrolling the device|
On the Agreements tab, you can change the User and Operator agreements.
Offline service deployment
For services planned to be hosted on a server unreachable by the The Operator Computer... (e.g. in a DMZ zone or similar) offline deployment via the Back-end service can be used.
Below is a description, with examples showing an offline deployment.
- Input target computer for the service and check Enable offline installation
Log in as administrator on the target computer
Open a browser and check that the browser is in a state where downloads are allowed.
Insert URL to the Back-end service appending /Install and fqdn=The target computers DNS name
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 is a prerequisite - if .NET3.5 is not available on the server Click the link to install
- Click Install the Service - The installer executable file will be downloaded
Execute the downloaded installer file
Configuring or Updating a Certificate
When a signed certificate is imported correctly into the Windows Personal Certificate Store, adding it to a CapaInstaller service is simple.
Example: Adding a certificate to the Mobile Device Management (MDM) Service
- Locate the Service in System Administration. Right Click.
- In the Service Settings > Configuration tab, locate the certificate type you want to add or update
- Click the browse button to browse the local personal certificate store and select the correct certificate
If you are not managing certificates for your organization and have recived the certificate details in an e-mail or the like just paste the domain name and thumbprint into the dialog.
Test of video