The following is a description of the process involved in adding and promoting previously captured image to CapaInstaller OSD.
The images supported are based on the Windows Image format (.wim)
Adding a captured Image
- Right click on Images in the root Point and select Add Windows Image
- Browse for the imagefile in your Captures folder
- The folder is by default located in your root OSD Point
- If you wish to use the filename as a Imagename or Description, you can mark the name and copy to clipboard
- Specify the name of the image and an optional Decription of the image.
- Select what Operating System the file is Captured from
- Click OK and wait a couple of minutes for the addition to complete. Transfer speeds are dependent on network and disk speeds.
Right-clicking on an image gives you the following options:
Lets you promote the items on the CapaInstaller OS Deployment Point to a child point. This can only be done if a child point has been created.
Click Next to promote the image to the child Deployment Point.
Lets you delete the image. You are asked to confirm this.
Displays the properties for the image. For a detailed description of the individual fields, see above.