Updating an Enterprise Device Application
Updating can be done replacing the Enterprise Device Application with the Application Editor.
How to edit an existing enterprise device application...
- Right-click the Application to update and select Edit.
- Select a new version of the App, either a new Enterprise Application file version or a newer version from the relevant App Marketplace
- Optionally Update the application name with the latest info
- Click OK to apply the changes and update the App
Example: Updating an Enterprise Device Application to a newer version
- Applications can only be edited in root CMPs, and the changes should then be promoted to child CMPs after sufficient testing on the intended target devices.
- If you have already promoted the Application a warning will remind you that the App is already linked to devices and installed on devices.
- Any changes to the App might render the information shown in the console incoherent with what versions or apps are actually installed on the devices
- Right-clicking an Application in a child point, you can select 'View' in order to open it in the Application editor. All the settings can be seen but in a view-only mode